Multi-Material Products and Processes
The objective of the research area Multi-Material Products and Processes is to develop the ability to optimize material choice, multi materials geometry and processes simultaneously. The work is lead by Einar Hinrichsen in SINTEF Industry.
- Design of MMP-testing, based on numerical modelling, in order to identify critical and/or main mechanisms for failure in MMP
- Identify critical process, material mis-match situations and/or main mechanisms for failure in MMP
- Bridge the gap between the modelling scales
- Novel advances in Additive Manufacturing Technology for multi-material products
- Joining of dissimilar materials