Multi-Material Products and Processes
The objective of the research area Multi-Material Products and Processes is to develop the ability to optimize material choice, multi materials geometry and processes simultaneously. The work is lead by Einar Hinrichsen in SINTEF Materials and Chemistry.
- Design of MMP-testing, based on numerical modelling, in order to identify critical and/or main mechanisms for failure in MMP
- Identify critical process, material mis-match situations and/or main mechanisms for failure in MMP
- Bridge the gap between the modelling scales
- Novel advances in Additive Manufacturing Technology for multi-material products
- Joining of dissimilar materials